BRISTOW, a city among the oil and gas wells of Creek county, Okla., United States, 65m. N.E. of Oklahoma city. It is on Federal highway 66, and is served by the Frisco lines and the Oklahoma-Southwestern railway. The population in 1920 was 3,460; in 1930 it was 6,619 by the Federal census. It is a supply point for the oil fields, and has oil refineries, cotton gins, cotton and cotton-seed oil mills, silica sand works, and glass factories. The county ginned 38,356 bales of cotton in 1926. Bristow was settled in 1901, incorporated as a town in 1902, and as a city of the first class in 1917.